- Facebook Social VR Demo - Oculus Connect 2016 https://t.co/9JYXBttXly via @YouTube 10:58:39 AM September 29, 2017 from Twitter Web Client
- Technology Enhanced Learning at the Welten Institute, Open Universiteit. Check out the Professors Dress ;-) https://t.co/p2NmmsqylZ 12:15:52 PM September 25, 2017 from OS X
- RT @WIREDScience: The software that learned to be curious also taught itself to play Mario https://t.co/cRRdCRJyLO https://t.co/N217bLjOtY 01:17:15 PM September 24, 2017 from Twitter for iPad
- RT @GeekDads: GeekDad Daily Deal: Arduino Bootcamp - Learning Through Projects Link: https://t.co/JEj18Ldw1e 01:16:15 PM September 24, 2017 from Twitter for iPad
- Search as Learning (Dagstuhl Seminar 17092) interdisciplinary Seminar I had the chance to contribute. https://t.co/gvQwKhtRTb 09:15:09 AM September 20, 2017 from OS X
- AduLet kickoff meeting at PH Ludwigsburg December 1, 2016
- root your whiteboard … November 18, 2016
- Creating games with visual programming tools and … July 16, 2016
- Off to MIT … July 13, 2016
- Trends in Technology for Education SURF workshop June 13, 2016
Author Archives: marcuspecht
Yesterday I gave a masterclass about mobile learning, you can watch the dutch video at: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/43037579 or participate at the masterclass in dutch at (it’s free! thanks to sponsoring of SURF Academy) http://portal.ou.nl/en/web/masterclass-ow-131113/ One interesting issue of discussion was the … Continue reading
So already lots of interesting things for 2014, prepare for 2014 I will personally contribute to the following events so far: Methodologies and Intelligent Systems for TEL, Salamanca, 4th-6th June 2014 misTEL 2014 http://mis4tel.usal.es 3rd International conference on Advances in Computing, … Continue reading
For discussing some leadership issues I came across Walt Disney’s creativity model. He talked about “Imagineering” combining imagination and engineering. I think for a lot ot TEL projects it would be good to think more in terms of Walt’s perspectives on bringing dreams to solutions.
Walt had three perspectives on creativity the dreamer, the realist, and the critic.
- The dreamer has no limits, give me a magic wand and all imagination.
- The realist embeds this in reality and ask what is real and what is feasible?
- The critic looks at the most critical barriers and be the devil’s advocate.
So for your next TEL workshop just split up in rooms and take the three positions and try to synchronize them. Can be very helpful !
Some selected links:
Walt Disney about adding sound to cartoons 😉
a recent presentation from Speedlab CH
I really like drum’n’bass and Jojo Mayer is one of my favorite drummers … in his TED X talk he talks about reverse engineering drum machine beats to play machine beats as a human. He talks about creating the illusion of … Continue reading
Just have setup an ASUS F201E with a SSD drive and Ubuntu on it. I will use that setup to test out some minimal setups and Ubuntu software. This looks like a really good working machine. Fast and responsive Price … Continue reading
18th to 22 of November: 21st International Conference on Computers in Education I will give a keynote on “We need mindful seamless learning technologies!” 12th November I am talking at the Onderwijsdagen OWD 2013 on Seamless Learning and Learning Analytics 7th November Workshop … Continue reading
I am just back from mLearn 2013 the annual world conference on mobile and contextual learning that took place in Doha, Dakar. http://webit.cna-qatar.edu.qa/mlearn2013/ The conference featured an outstanding program and focused on the mobile learning activities in the GCC region (Bahrain, … Continue reading
Thanks to Marco Kalz, for discussing and joint paper on
” Assessing the crossdisciplinarity of technology-enhanced learning with science overlay maps and diversity measures.”
Abstract: This paper deals with the assessment of the crossdisciplinari… Continue reading
On friday 11th of october I gave a master class at the hogschool Inholland (Masteropleiding Leren & Innoveren l Domein Onderwijs, Leren en Levensbeschouwing l Hogeschool Inholland).
About 46 Teachers from mainly sceondary and higher education h… Continue reading